1. PLEDGEKai Tak Sports Initiative Foundation Limited (“KTSIFL”) recognizes and understands that customers and website visitors are concerned about the privacy of information. KTSIFL pledges to comply with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486) of the Laws of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
2. COLLECTION OF INFORMATIONYou may be invited to provide to KTSIFL your personal data on KTSIFL’s website(s) or through other media on a voluntary basis for different purposes at different times. If you are under the age of 18, you should obtain consent from your parent or guardian before you provide KTSIFL with your personal data.
3. LOG FILESWhen you visit KTSIFL’s website(s), the servers of KTSIFL will only collect data relating to your visits (including but not limited to your IP address, domain name, browser type and access time) but will not collect your personal data.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computers, mobile phones or other devices through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate KTSIFL’s website(s) or mobile application(s), while others are used to enable a faster log-in process, or to allow us to store and track information about your interests and preferences at KTSIFL’s website(s) or mobile application(s).
We may also engage third parties to track and analyse non-personally identifiable data from the website(s) or mobile application(s). We use the data collected by such third parties to help us administer and improve the quality of KTSIFL’s website(s) or mobile application(s) and to analyse usage of the same. Such third parties may combine the information that we provide about you with other information that they have collected. You can edit your browser settings to disable cookies but to do so you may not be able to utilize certain functionality of the website(s) of KTSIFL.
We may also collect information regarding your IP address, browser type, domain name and access time. This information is used for KTSIFL’s research purposes. This is unrelated to and separate from your personal data. In rare instances, IP addresses may be used to assist in deterring and/or preventing abusive or criminal activity on the website.
If you interact with KTSIFL on social media platforms (for example if you “Like” KTSIFL’s Facebook page), KTSIFL can interact with you and send you messages via these platforms. KTSIFL will interact with you in accordance with the social media platform’s rules but we are not responsible for how the platform operators collect and handle your personal data. We are not responsible for what third parties post on our social media accounts.
5. KINDS OF INFORMATION COLLECTEDFor the different purposes in the course of conducting KTSIFL’s business, you may be required to provide to KTSIFL your personal data, which may include your name, gender, date of birth, e-mail address, mailing address, contact number, membership number, age, marital status, family status, educational level, occupation, username and password, personal or professional interests, demographics, experiences with our events, activities, facilities and services and contact preferences in order to provide you with further information about our events, activities, facilities and services etc. Details of personal data and information to be collected will be set out in the relevant Personal Information Collection Statement (“PICS”) provided to you upon collection of such data and information.
6. MAIN PURPOSES AND USES OF INFORMATION COLLECTEDKTSIFL will use your personal data for specific purposes identified in the PICS provided to you when your personal data is collected.
In addition, KTSIFL may use your personal data for the following purpose:a. identifying and verifying your identity;b. communicating with you in respect of your use of KTSIFL’s sports and recreational facilities, event updates, programmes, community and sports initiatives, charitable pursuits, services, mobile application(s) and/or website(s) (as the case maybe);c. daily operation and administration including but not limited to account creation and maintenance;d. monitoring and analysing usage of its services, mobile application(s) and/or website(s) (as the case maybe) to help the further development and improvement of its services, mobile application(s) and/or website(s);e. research and development in relation to customer behaviour;f. information management and database administration;g. detection, investigation and/or prevention of activities that may violate our policies or maybe illegal;h. collection or recovery of any debt owed by you to KTSIFL.
7. ACCURACY OF INFORMATIONYou may be requested to provide to KTSIFL certain personal data (particularly relating to your contact information) for specific services. If you fail to provide or update accurate information as requested for each specific service, the provision of such services by KTSIFL may be affected.
8. RETENTION OF INFORMATIONKTSIFL will retain your personal data for a period no longer than necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes for which they are or are to be used. If you are a subscriber of KTSIFL services, your personal data will be retained for a reasonable period after termination of your subscription for verification and audit purposes. The above is subject to any legal, statutory, regulatory or accounting requirements.
9. THIRD PARTY MERCHANTSKTSIFL may have on-line stores or some services which are hosted in the website(s) of KTSIFL but are operated by third party merchants. If you provide your personal data to the third party merchants in order to use, book, order or receive any services from the third party merchants, please note that your personal data is beyond the control of KTSIFL and thus is outside the scope of protection afforded by KTSIFL.
12. SECURITY OF INFORMATIONThe physical records of your personal data will be stored in secured places with restricted access. The electronic records of your personal data will be stored in servers located in secured places and protected by adequate IT security measures (e.g. encryption for transmission of sensitive data through the internet in appropriate cases). Only authorized personnel of KTSIFL (who have been trained to handle your personal data properly and bound by a duty of confidentiality) will have access to these records and servers on a “need-to-know” and “need-to-use” basis.
No data transmission over the internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be completely secure, and privacy cannot be assured in your communications to us. You are encouraged to protect against unauthorized access to your password. You are advised to sign out from your account when finished particularly when using a shared computer.
13. EXCLUSIONKTSIFL may disclose your personal data as required by law, by any government departments, regulatory authorities, enforcement agencies and courts of competent jurisdiction. KTSIFL excludes all liability for disclosure of your personal data in this manner.
14. USE IN LEGAL PROCEEDINGS ETC.If it becomes necessary for KTSIFL to take action against you for recovering from you the debt you owe to KTSIFL, you agree that your personal data can be used by KTSIFL in identifying and taking legal action against you.
15. ACCESS AND CORRECTION OF INFORMATION AND WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENTYou have the right to request in writing to the Personal Data Privacy Officer of KTSIFL:a. for access to your personal data held by KTSIFL (if any);b. require KTSIFL to correct your personal data that is inaccurate (if any); andc. withdraw your consent to the use of your personal data (such withdrawal may, however, affect our services to you).
All such requests will be handled promptly in accordance with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. KTSIFL may charge a reasonable fee for processing your data access request.
16. DIRECT MARKETINGWe cannot use your personal data for direct marketing purposes without your consent. Subject to your consent, we may use your personal data for direct marketing in accordance with the PICS provided to you upon collection of your personal data. You may withdraw your consent any time in by writing to the Personal Data Privacy Officer of KTSIFL by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject “Personal Data”.
19. ENQUIRIESIf you have any questions or wish to access or correct your personal data or withdraw your consent to the use of your personal data held by KTSIFL, please contact the Personal Data Privacy Officer of KTSIFL by email at email@example.com, using the subject “Personal Data”.
Only fill in if you are not human